Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 April 2018

The endless summer

Summer keeps on going on in Sydney which is lovely in some respects but I do struggle with humidity and temps over 30c in April. Anyway I wanted a loose summer dress just like the dresses on Lazybones site which is where I bought the fabric from.
Terrible photo. I still have plenty to learn when using a tripod.
The pattern is McCall's 6923. I did a full bust adjustment which made the pattern looser anyway and  I did a bicep adjustment. I didn't add a zipper, I just did a loop opening. I didn't realise the front was crooked till the photos but I wasn't going to unpick the bodice.

I have my grumpy, serious face on here. I lined the bodice but didn't line the skirt. It is lovely and cool but I'm not particularly happy with the dress. It's lovely material and cool so I will wear it around but probably not that much to work. I don't think I will make this pattern again.

                                           Happy Sewing and Creating!

2 comments:

  1. I like this style of dress and I think you did a great job with the adjustments. I don't think it looks bad on you--it's a cool and comfortable look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is so pretty, and perfect for the hot weather you are having! I would never know you weren't pleased--it's a nice dress!

    ReplyDelete