Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Summer playing

So my plans for summer have finally been photographed. My navy and white striped pants and my white top.
The pants are Style Arc Tessa pant.
I actually made a wearable muslin in black linen, very unlike me, however they  turned out really well. I made an adjustment to the front for my belly. I used the Hot Patterns Tutorial for tummy adjustment and these pants fit very comfortably. There is also an excellent full tummy adjustment tutorial at The Curvy Sewing Collective website, Tummy adjustment. I think I will try this one next time. These pants are wider than I normally wear but I thought it would be nice to try something a bit different.
The fabric is a navy and white linen from Tessuti fabrics.  
I don't think there is any left online , I did buy it this fabric at the beginning of summer.. I am pretty happy with these and I have cut out another pair of pants already so this is becoming my go to pants pattern this summer.. They are so easy to sew.
 The top is Butterick 5356.
This top is out of print . I made View D and the XXL. I also added gathers at the back.
The top is quite large so I will make a smaller size next time but its fine for hot, humid days. I really like the sleeves.
The bodice is fine, if not quite as narrow as the image on the pattern. The fabric was from my stash. All in all a wearable outfit for summer. Even my daughter thought it was OK.
                                                     Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. I think you did a lovely job! The entire outfit is nice for summer wear.

    ReplyDelete