Search This Blog

Monday 13 July 2015

Late Summer Blooming



I finished this dress quite a while ago but didn't get around to posting about it. This is a vintage pattern Mc Calls 8395.
I'm not too sure about this dress. It doesn't fit all that well. I should have done a full bust adjustment but I thought it would be loose enough. It pulls a bit under the arm and isn't quite as full as I wanted.
The fabric is a beautiful cotton that I bought from Tessuti's last year or even the year before and the sleeves are a very pretty pink cotton lace. I bound the edge of the sleeves and the neck with the cotton fabric. I just doubled it over the edge. It worked well.
The dress will be fine when the weather warms up but it didn't quite live up to the image I had in my mind.

                                                    Happy Sewing !



No comments:

Post a Comment