Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Belly Dancing Costume

I have been doing some sewing, a belly dancing costume. One of my hobbies is belly dancing. It doesn't matter what size you are or how old you are it's just a fabulous, fun exercise. Last night we had a performance. My beautiful children and wonderful man came and watched. I was extremely nervous as this was my debut but it was great fun. We all mucked the dance up but no one seemed to mind.

I made the costume very quickly but I was happy with the effect.
The skirt is Vogue 8818, and the fabric is a sequin fabric from Spotlight. The gold trim fabric is from Spotlight as well, a gold circle fabric. The hip scarf was purchased.
You are able to cut rows of the circles and then stitch them on.  It could be nice as a feature on an evening top. It wasn't the easiest to sew and the skirt is very full.
The top is made from a black organza(I think) from my stash. I used  McCalls 5050. I just cut it off at the waist and didn't add any elastic at the waist because I wanted a loose top, I just added the elastic at the neckline.. I put a row of the gold trim at the bottom but I didn't do a very good job.
The costume was effective and comfortable so I was happy. My kids only took a video so that's why I used the mannequin for pictures.
                                                      Happy Sewing and Shimmies !

No comments:

Post a Comment