Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Frustration and Despair

 My item for May has caused no end of swearing and desperation. It isn't the pattern but my overlocker or serger.
Last year I thought I would buy myself a new overlocker, big mistake. My old one was about 25 years old and was tired. The tension was never right but it still worked ok and I could change thread easily. I deliberated and finally bought a new one at Bernina. I didn't have enough money to buy a Babylock and how I have lived to regret that decision.
I haven't made my new pants or top because I cannot thread this machine. It had white cotton which had worked but now I needed black. I have spent about 3 or 4 nights for hours and hours trying to thread this machine and nothing is working. I am going crazy. So then I just avoided going near it I'm just about ready to throw it threw the window. I really don't know what I am doing wrong.
It is driving me insane. Thank goodness you can't buy Babylock's on line because I would have one in my cart right now.
If anyone has any idea of what I'm doing wrong please let me know so my sanity can return and my sewing.
                                             Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

  1. Oh so sorry to hear you are struggling with it. I love my bernina serger. I have 2 suggestions. The first is to google "threading bernina serger"... By doing that I found a YouTube video from bernina that has been a life saver for me. After about 6 months I no longer need the video to thread it!!! If that's not enough help...email me. We could skype and I'll help you through this hard part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (And though this part if the learning curve is rough, I promise it gets MUCH easier!)

      Delete
    2. Ok thanks for the suggestion . I will try tomorrow night. I loved how it sewed I just couldn't believe how hard it was to change colour. Thanks so much I will keep you posted.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I looked at the youtube and I was missing a step on the lower looper and it appears to be working again. Thank you so much. I tried to respond to you directly but I couldn't find your address. Sometimes stuff gets so frustrating you don't see straight so thank you.

      Delete
  2. So glad I caught your post! I got my bernina serger off craigslist and had a heck of a time getting going as it wasn't even threaded in the first place! I just kept that video opened for the longest time so I could get to it without too much frustration. I'm soooo glad you got it figured out!!!!!

    ReplyDelete