Search This Blog

Sunday 2 February 2014

Other sewing

My sewing this week has been almost non existent. It is difficult to blog and work and go out. I admire people who are able to do this, they are better people than me. Work is always hectic at the beginning of the year coupled with a new laptop.

Anyway I did some sewing this weekend. I have been meaning to do a slip cover, for a slip chair for a very long time but i procrastinate about it because this is not the sewing I like to do. Anyway fabric draped over the chair  finally annoyed me enoughthis weekend to make the cover.
Anyway it's not perfect but it will do.

 Another revelation is I realised that I need to plan my sewing a little better and think about what I need. I am inspired by Carolyn at Diary of a Sewing Fanatic to  sew basics. Something I'm not good at, but actually clothes I really need in my wardrobe. I need a few more skirts and tops and sheath dresses. This week I think I will start planning.

I wasn't willing to join the RTW Fast at Goodbye Valentino this year but I am trying to not buy as many clothes and in January I didn't buy anything. The interesting thing about this is how much, not buying clothes increased my desiree to sew. I need to sort out a few fitting issues and then I feel I will be well on my way to, maybe not a complete fast, but certainly a very strict diet.


1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great. I have a similar chair in a similar situation looking for a slip cover I think you just motivated me.

    ReplyDelete