Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Other Creative Pursuits

As well as sewing , I love painting. Most of my work is semi abstract, usually with mixed media. It is a pusuit I truly enjoy. Funnily enough, with painting I enjoy the process more than the end result. I become lost in my own world and how it turns out in the end I don't really worry about. I do get a great deal of pleasure if someone wants a painting but it is different from sewing.

Sewing I want an end result , I want a wearable piece of clothing. It is interesting to look at the different processes in our creative pursuits.

The last 2 days I have been at a mixed media workshop , which was very enjoyable , if not frustrating at times. This painting is still a long way from finished but as with sewing it's always good to track your progress in a work.
The painting is of pelicans. As you can tell I love strong colours. This is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment